Final move day

Early September. Final move day was a big day, and it was an incredible feeling to know that I now owned my own homestead. The search and traveling between places was over, and I was settling down, for good. 

A beautiful day, and this was the very last day of moving my things from where I have been living for 6 months, while searching for a place to buy. 

Arrival. Now the unpacking starts. This was the same day that the farm was officially mine. The paperwork was done, and I was a homestead owner. 


My family came a couple of hours later, and helped me unpack and settling in. My mother stayed a couple of days to get most of the boxes sorted. There were a lot of them!

This is pretty much how my kitchen looked for a long time. It's is the biggest room in the house, and can fit a lot of boxes. It was really good to have a lot of help with this in the beginning!


The barn was used to keep a lot of my things while I went through the moving boxes. That was incredibly handy. 

I am certainly looking forward to the many morning coffees I will enjoy with this view from my kitchen window.

In my next post I will have a little tour of the homestead.
Have a great day!

Heidi

Comments

Popular Posts