IMPROVMENTS ON THE HOMESTEAD THE FIRST FOUR MONTHS OF LIVING HERE. PART 3.

The last improvement that I want to mention, is getting a water guard installed. I had a couple of water leaks because of the old plumbing here. The increased use of water now that someone is living here, made some weaknesses in the plumbing to appear. I quickly realised I had to have some way of lowering the risk of water damage, since it still is likely that more problems will appear as I keep on using the watersystem here. Luckily, a water guard isn't that expensive, and well worth having in place. It has already proved it's worth on several occations.

Other than that, the days now are currently just maintenance. There has been so much snow these last few weeks, that shoveling it has been a three hour task, often several days in a row.

Trying to make room for a place to enjoy the view! This is one of the first places that the sun appears at this time of the year.


Winter can take your breath away in many ways, not just because you are shoveling snow!

I was worried about the amount of snow on the roof of both my house and my tiny- and soon to be garden shed. My dad offered to help, and I happily accepted!


I don't think he minded the view while he was removing the snow!


It was good to see my shed getting rid of it's burdens!


The snow on the house roof was stuck on the left side, at the right it always falls off by itself. I wasn't too happy having the risk of getting the remaining snow over me while using the front door. There is no other way of getting inside. Dad quickly eliminated that problem. Thanks dad!

It's not easy to belive that all this actually will melt one day!

As spring comes closer, dad and I will start with making a chicken coop in the barn. I'm really looking forward to having chickens again. Meanwhile, I enjoy my crafts, and nature, resting, before spring will surley make the days quite busy again!

Have a great sunday,

Heidi





Comments

Popular Posts