My new home

My house at the top of a very steep hill. This picture is taken late in September.

So this has been a dream of mine for as long I can remember. And I finally made it. The dream became my new reality. The homestead dream. I still can't quite belive it, it takes time to sink in. I did not expect my dream to be a solitary journey, but my 21 year long marriage ended in a divorce 10 months ago, so I had to make a choice of what to do next. It was a lot to deal with both emotionally and financially, and since we met when i was 16, I have never lived alone before either.

So of course I leapt, or stumbled more accuratly, at the opportunity to start a new chapter in my life and buy a homestead. And even if I had to do it on my own, this was something I just had to try. I didn't want to regret it later if I took the more safe route and bought a ordinary house somewhere.

Early November. Getting ready for winter.

So here I am, at this beautiful place. It took me 6 months to find this homestead, I was lucky and have good friends that told me about it being for sale, and I'm so grateful to be living here now. 


December. The view here is quite breathtaking. This day it was very cold, about -20 celcius. Lots of snow this winter.

I am looking forward to the both ups and downs of this kind of life, and of course, everything in between. There will be lots of learning, doing and hard work, but also great satisfaction.  I'm sure this will be quite the adventure.

Have a great week,

Heidi

Comments

Popular Posts