Homestead tour

This is the main house. It is surrounded by an 8 acre field. It is quite a steep field too as you can see, so lots of potential to get that cardio done for the day in no time!

My plan is to have sheep here in the future.

The house. It has a very charming look, and I love how it stands out from any thing else I have seen before. It was built in 1811.


The barn. It has always been my favorite building!

I was lucky to get a lot of wood with the purchase of this homestead. It has been of good use this winter!

This is the part of the barn where animals have been kept, and where I plan to have my sheep. It needs new flooring, so there's plenty to do before I can get them.

Isn't this just a lovely tiny house? I plan to use it as a potting shed and as a place to dye yarn.


What we call "stabbur" in norwegian. It¨s where they kept food safe from mice. It stands on stone pillars to kep the mice from getting in. 

The homestead is about 122 acres. 8 is the field, the rest is forest, and a good thing too. One needs plenty of wood here!

Take care,
Heidi

Comments

Popular Posts